An Arthurian SHAZAM!

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27, 2002
      Greetings!

      I had a pleasant surprise today as I browsed the new comic books to discover
      Merlin and Morgan le Fay in the new JUST IMAGINE: STAN LEE'S SHAZAM! by DC!
      Check it out!

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 28, 2002
        That sounds interesting.  How do they relate to his new origin?

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 28, 2002
          Merlin is attacked by Morgan le Fay, who he defeats and imprisons. Realizing
          that he will not be around when his spell of imprisonment (in a tree) wears
          off, he creates a guardian to fight her when she is released, SHAZAM!

          Rodney
        • merrygawain
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 6, 2002
            --- In arthurian_comixlist@y..., RODNEYFFC@A... wrote:
            > Merlin is attacked by Morgan le Fay, who he defeats and
            imprisons. Realizing
            > that he will not be around when his spell of imprisonment (in a
            tree) wears
            > off, he creates a guardian to fight her when she is released,
            SHAZAM!

            > Rodney

            Also -- Merlin hangs around until the 21st century, where we
            meet him as an Indian fakir (!) before he's killed by henchmen of
            the story's main villain. Morgana is released from her
            imprisonment and becomes an ally of the ongoing "Just
            Imagine" villain Dominic Darrk. She's still around at the end of
            the story, so we can expect to see her in later installments.

            (This probably sounds more interesting than it actually is. I have
            found all of the "Just Imagine Stan Lee..." books to be pretty
            mediocre so far, and "...Shazam!" is no exception.)