New Books October

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 13, 2001
      The following book are solicited this month for a December 2000 release.  See Prieviws 11.10 for further details.

      Once again, there's not much being offered that relates to Arthuriana:

      Marvel ComicsCaptain Britain Trade Paperback.  208 pgs.  Wr. Alan Moore.  Art. Alan Davis.  Includes an interview with Alan Moore by Joe Quesada.  $19.95.

      I've no idea exactly what this collection reprints, but it sounds like the material last reprinted in X-men Archives Featuring Captain Britain

      ACG ComicsFire and Steel TP.  16 pp.  B&W.  $10.95.  Art by Wood, Glanzman, Aparo, Ditka and more.

      Stories of Robin Hood, Hercules, Thane of Baggarth and others.  Anybody want to check this out for Arthur?

      EC ComicsComic Book Market Place #89.  B&W with color gallery.  $5.95.  Two covers available.

      Special Hal Foster and Frank Cho issue.  Sounds like the Foster section is a review of Brian Kane's new biography.

      Future PublishingThe SPX Guide to Fantasy Movie Special.  $11.00

      Spotlight on Harry Potter and Fellowship of the Rings plus a run-down of the top 20 fantasy films of all time.

      Import from the NetherlandsFoxx Tracker #1:  The Lance of Longinus by Maurice Hof.  B&W.  32 pp.  $4.99.

      "This collection of pulp-like, tongue-in-check stories is drawn in a spectacular scraperboard technique."  With English text.

      Michael A. Torregrossa, M. A.
      34 Second Street
      Smithfield, RI 02917-3627

      Web sites:
      The Arthurian Comic Book Discussion List Homepage
       http://home.att.net/~torregrossa/comichome.htm

      The Bokewyrm's Guide to Medieval Studies on the Internet
       http://home.att.net/~bokewyrm/

      Camelot 3000 and Beyond:  An Annotated Bibliography of Arthurian Comic Books Published in the United States c. 1980-1998.  Part of "The Arthuriana / Camelot Project Bibliographies."  (Revised edition now online.)
       http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/acpbibs/comicbib.htm

      Teaching the Legend of King Arthur in the Twenty-first Century: A Basic Reference Guide
       http://home.att.net/~torregrossa/

      'Young Indiana Jones:  Travels With Father' (1996)

      Nikos Kazantzakis: "Well, your father is living in the Dark Ages!"

      Young Indy:   "Almost--My father is a medievalist."
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 24, 2001

        I just picked up my November PREVIEWS.  What page is this on???

        Import from the Netherlands:  Foxx Tracker #1:  The Lance of Longinus by Maurice Hof.  B&W.  32 pp.  $4.99.

        Rodney

      • mtorregrossa@att.net
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 29, 2001
          Rodney, I apologize for the delay in replying. I was offline last
          week trying to finish a conference paper. I no longer have my copy
          of PREVIEWS at school, but it was in the Import section.

          Michael

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 29, 2001

            I will look again for the comic in Previews.  The 2 items you are interested in would be $10.25 plus shipping, about $2.00.  I have another copy of the GIANT-SIZE DEFENDERS #2 with a 6 page Black Knight reprint from Atlas BLACK KNIGHT #4, in which Sir Guy Wanderell impersonates the B.K.,  I am only going to list it at $2.50, VG+ condition with one small cover corner gone, AND a copy of CONAN #10, which reprints another 6 page B.K. story from the Atlas issue #4, "Men of the Shadows".  I was going to list it for about $6.50.  If you want these, I'll add them and still just ask $2.00 for the postage!  ALSO, do you have all the HERO FOR HIRES and the B.K. UNCANNY ORIGINS???  If not, I'll let you have all 3 HERO FOR HIRES for a $1.00 and the UNCANNY ORIGINS for $.50.  Let me know soon!

            Rodney

            P.S.  Picked up a video copy of 5 episodes of THE FREEDOM FORCE.  Merlin is one of the superheroes!  Absolutely NO ARTHURIAN content.