Captain Marvel

  • Nastali@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27, 2001
      Perhaps someone else mentioned it and I missed it, but the local comics shop
      guy alerted me to the appearance of Merlin in two recent issues of Captain
      Marvel
      (#'s 20 & 21).

      Dan
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2001
        Thanks for passing on the tip, Dan! For any other list members who
        haven't picked these up yet, the Merlin in question is the Maha Yogi
        version. But he is definitely identifying himself as "THE Merlin" in
        these issues.

        Completists may wish to note that the Marvel Chronology Project
        (http://www.chronologyproject.com/) lists the character as having
        appeared in Captain Marvel #11, 13, and 16 as well. I'm guessing
        that these are brief appearances that set up the two-issue storyline
        in #20-21. Actual Arthurian content is, alas, unknown.

        Alan

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 18, 2002
          I just picked up Captain Marvel Vol. 3, Nos. 20-21, and I do have to ask, how can this Merlin be Maha Yogi. Isn't Merlin-Maha Yogi a psionic and not a magician? (Seems like David's either confused his Merlins or purposely craeted anoth one [what's the total now--10 Merlins in the Marvel universe?])

          Thanks,
          Thanks for passing on the tip, Dan! For any other list members who
          haven't picked these up yet, the Merlin in question is the Maha Yogi
          version. But he is definitely identifying himself as "THE Merlin" in
          these issues.

          Completists may wish to note that the Marvel Chronology Project
          (http://www.chronologyproject.com/) lists the character as having
          appeared in Captain Marvel #11, 13, and 16 as well. I'm guessing
          that these are brief appearances that set up the two-issue storyline
          in #20-21. Actual Arthurian content is, alas, unknown.

          Alan

          --- In arthurian_comixlist@y..., Nastali@a... wrote:
          > Perhaps someone else mentioned it and I missed it, but the local
          comics shop
          > guy alerted me to the appearance of Merlin in two recent issues of
          Captain
          > Marvel (#'s 20 & 21).
          >
          > Dan

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor