Re: Xena Comic Books Seventh Mini-Series

  • DuggyAS@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13 4:51 PM
      --- In arthurian_comixlist@y..., "Michael Torregrossa"
      <mtorregrossa@a...> wrote:
      > Here's a link to the Xena series featuring King Arthur!

      > http://www.eskimo.com/~tegan/xena/xena7.html

      Did I read that right... Arthur was a last minute replacement for
      Hercules?

      ---
      - Dug.
      ---
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14 2:56 PM
        Sounds plausible, but I still have not seen the books.  I think Alan or Rodney can tell you more about them.

        Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 7:51 PM
        Subject: [arthurian_comixlist] Re: Xena Comic Books Seventh Mini-Series

        Message 3 of 4 , May 14 3:42 PM
          I haven't seen the books either -- the info at my site comes
          from the same web site Michael has linked to here. My
          understanding of the "Arthur replacing Hercules" comment
          is that the web site author believes that Hercules (Kevin
          Sorbo TV version) was originally included in the story,
          but his role was rewritten to become Arthur for reasons
          unknown (but having something to do with licensing
          restrictions, I'd imagine.

          Dug, if your objection is that Hercules and Arthur shouldn't
          share the same time frame -- well, a repeat of the "Hercules
          meets King Arthur" episode of the former's TV series is airing
          on the Sci-Fi Channel as I type this.

          Alan