Fw: Introduction

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 30, 2001

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, March 26, 2001 4:20 PM
      Subject: Introduction

      Hello all --

      I'm new to this list, so here's my introductory questionnaire:

      Name (your real name please):

      Cherie D. Arbuckle-Erwin, though on-line I'm usually known simply as "Jade."

      Academic affiliation (if any):

      None. I have a bachelor's degree in Theatre (costume design), with an
      emphasis in fashion history, but I currently don't belong to any academic
      organizations.

      Primary interest in Comic Books or Popular Culture:

      My primary interest in popular culture is roleplaying games. I used to read
      comics books more regularly, but I now have an extremely active four-year old
      son, which limits my reading time considerably. My primary comic book
      interests are Arthurian and the more off-main-stream comic books, such as
      Grendal, Moonshadow, and Mage.

      rimary interests in the Arthurian legend:

      My primary interest in Arthurian legend is how each culture has reshaped and
      rewritten the Arthurian stories to reflect their own values and hopes.

      Publications about Comic Books (including web sites):

      None. All of my publications have been about roleplaying games.

      Publications about the Arthurian legend:

      I'm currently in the process of writing an Arthurian-based roleplaying game
      set in the modern era, inspired by comic books such as "Mage" and "Camelot
      3000." The game is just entering playtest stage and is the reason for my
      joining the list -- to gather research materials. The website for it is at:
      http://members.aol.com/realtimeprod/

      I look forward talking with you all,

      Jade