"Camelot in Comics"

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
      Michael, Alan, and everyone

      I am writing an article for inclusion in a book entitled "King Arthur in
      Popular Culture," to be published by McFarland, and I wanted to first
      off say how much in debt I am going to be to excellent resources like
      "Camelot 3000 and Beyond" and "Camelot in Four Colors."

      There's no way that a 15 page essay can compare with the authoritative
      work you folks have done and all I can do is try to contribute to the
      discussion. But it is my intention to include a list of sources that
      will include websites, articles, and anything else that the audience may
      find useful as further reading.

      Michael, I remember you discussing updates to your article, and I
      wondered if those were accessible online?

      As I worked, it occured to me that this year was kind of a downer for
      Arthurian comics, at least in the US. With "Legends of Camelot,"
      "Knewts" and "Lady P" all missing in action, and "Aquaman" downright
      cancelled. On the good side we have "Spaceknights," "Butcher Knight" and
      a new version of "Excalibur." (I have a very high tolerance for
      Arthurian Comics. It's pretty much all good to me.)

      Any thoughts or comments -- I am all ears
      Jason Tondro
      Madison, WI
    • Nastali@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
        Sorry to be so clueless, but I'd appreciate some additional info about some
        of the comics Jason referred to. What's Arthurian about Aquaman--beyond the
        name Arthur? Has the series incorporated Arthurian characters, motifs,
        themes or made some other connection to the traditional material? Same
        question about Spaceknights.

        Dan Nastali
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 5, 2001
          Jason,

          Your contribution to the discussion, scholarship, et al, will be most
          welcome! Good luck with the article, and please don't hesitate to
          let me know if I can help with any specific questions or problems.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 7, 2001
            Jason,

            Nothing is available yet. I'm still hard at work on the next three (DC.
            Marvel, and independents), but I have no idea yet when they'll be ready.