Fw: Old matter--Mark Merlin found (sort of)

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 20, 2000

      Sent: Saturday, March 04, 2000 9:03 PM
      Subject: Mark Merlin found (sort of)

      Hi.  Just an update on the status of Mark Merlin, who I had inquired about several months ago.  As, I think Alan explained, Mark Merlin appeared in DC's 'House of Secrets' until No. 73, when he became Prince Ra-Man.  As Merlin, Mark possessed limited supernatural abilities but apparently no connection to the Arthurian Merlin.  Mark later traveled to another world, and could only return to Earth by reincarnating into the body of Prince Ra-Man.  Ra-man later died in the Crisis.

      I was initially confusing Mark Merlin with the Golden Age Merlin (Quality), who appeared (briefly) in last years All-Star reunion.

      Michael

      Michael A. Torregrossa, M. A.
      34 Second Street
      Esmond, RI 02917-3627

      Websites:
      Teaching the Legend of King Arthur in the Twenty-first Century: A Basic Reference Guide [NOW UNDER REVISION]
       http://home.att.net/~torregrossa

      Coming soon—The Bokewyrm's Guide to Medieval Studies on the Internet
       http://home.att.net/~bokewyrm

      Camelot 3000 and Beyond:  An Annotated Bibliography of Arthurian Comic Books Published in the United States c. 1980-1998.  Part of "The Arthuriana / Camelot Project Bibliographies."
       http://www.lib.rochester.edu/camelot/acpbibs/comicbib.htm

      'Young Indiana Jones:  Travels With Father' (1996)

      Nikos Kazantzakis: "Well, your father is living in the Dark Ages!"

      Young Indy:   "Almost--My father is a medievalist."
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 21, 2000
        In a message dated 12/21/00 10:21:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        mtorregrossa@... writes:

        Michael,

        How about a little more info. on the All-Star reunion!

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2001
          --- In arthurian_comixlist@egroups.com, RODNEYFFC@A... wrote:
          > In a message dated 12/21/00 10:21:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
          > mtorregrossa@a... writes:
          >
          > Michael,
          >
          > How about a little more info. on the All-Star reunion!
          >
          > > I was initially confusing Mark Merlin with the Golden Age Merlin (Quality),
          > > who appeared (briefly) in last years All-Star reunion.

          Rodney, Michael was referring to the Justice Society "event" last year which
          preceded the launch of the new JSA series. The story was set in the latter
          days of WWII and was told in a series of one-shots. Merlin the Magician
          appeared as cannon-fodder, basically -- he and several other Golden Age
          sorceror-heroes were wiped out in the first few pages of the first of the one-
          shots, "All-Star Comics".

          Hope this helps,