913Re: [arthurian_comixlist] Kalamazoo 2012 Sessions

  • Berthelot, Anne
    Apr 29, 2011
      Sorry, Michael, I realize it is horribly late to answer (last day of the semester, at long last!), but I would be interested in WCSU, if this is still a possibility.
      Best,
      Anne

      ____________
      Anne Berthelot
      Prof. of French & Medieval Studies
      Associate Head, M&CL Dept
      Co-Chair, French & Francophone Studies
      Graduate Advisor for French
      Modern & Classical Languages Dept
      University of Connecticut
      ARJ 222
      Ph. (860) 486-3173
      Fax (860) 486-4392
      anne.berthelot@...

      On 4/6/11 8:56 PM, "List Moderator, The Society for the Study of Popular Culture and the Middle Ages" <popcultandmiddleages.moderator@...> wrote:

      List members,

      I am finishing up the Society's session proposals for next Kalamazoo.
      Both will be of interest to you. One is a tri-sponsored roundtable on
      recent Arthurian film/TV/electronic games as innovators of new
      Arthurian traditions, and the second is a roundtable (sole-sponsored,
      this time) on medieval-themed comics. Let me know soon if you are
      interested in a spot on either session.

      We will also be soliciting proposals for our annual session on
      "Monstrous Medievalisms" at NEPCA (the New England Popular/American
      Culture Association) to be held this November at Western Connecticut
      State University and our recurrent medieval comics sessions (in honor
      this time of Prince Valiant's 75th anniversary) at PCA next April in
      Boston. Again, let me know soon if you are interested in either.