812Advance notice: Kalamazoo 2009

    Jun 9, 2008
      List members,

      The Medieval Congress organizing committee has granted our virtual
      Society three sessions for the 2009 congress. If you're interested in
      submitting a proposal, please do so ASAP as these usually fill up
      quickly. Participants in the round table are also able to present a
      paper at Kalamazoo provided they do not exceed a maximum of three
      appearances in the regular program. As usual, we will attempt to seek
      publication for revised essays.

      Two sessions: Medievalisms at War (representations of medieval war and
      warfare in popular culture; the medieval as propaganda; appropriation
      of medieval elements with regards to modern war and warfare.
      Potential topics: invasions, Vikings, Crusades, Hundred Year's
      War/Joan of Arc, Shakespeare, etc.).

      Round table: Teaching the Middle Ages through Popular Culture
      (especially topics related to war and warfare)

      Send proposals to me at Popular.Culture.and.the.Middle.Ages@....

      Michael A. Torregrossa, M.A.
      Co-Founder, The Society for the Study of Popular Culture and the Middle Ages