718Arthurian comics for school lessons

  • Jochen Zauner
    Mar 5, 2006
      Hello,

      I’m preparing for a didactics exam. I am supposed to draft a teaching plan
      about how to deal with King Arthur and the Middle Ages in English lessons
      (English as a foreign language for students in the 7th form).

      One idea would be to use comics which are close to the original texts by
      Chrétien de Troyes or Geoffrey of Monmouth. Which ones would you recommend?
      Would you have any other suggestions about how to present the Middle Ages?
      Apart from pure language teaching English lessons are also supposed to
      include cultural/regional aspects so that the topic could be part of a unit
      about Wales.

      Kind regards,

      Jochen