274Merlin and Lara Croft (was Re: New Comics March and April)

    Apr 24, 2001
      --- In arthurian_comixlist@y..., "Paul "Duggy" Duggan" <DuggyAS@h...>
      > Can the Dark Crossings continuity be called the Top Cow Universe?
      I recall
      > TR crossing over with Fathom & Witchblade, and Witchblade crossing
      over with
      > Darkness...
      >
      > Or does it have another name... [Sometimes these things are easier
      if you
      > pin the universe's name down...]

      I don't know if Top Cow claims to be building a
      "universe" or not -- obviously, the characters share a
      continuity when they cross over, but Tomb Raider is a
      licensed property. Witchblade and The Darkness have
      crossed over a lot with each other, but they have also
      crossed over with Aliens and Predator -- who in turn
      have crossed over with Batman, Superman, Tarzan,
      etc., and I don't think that anyone would want to
      claim that *all* of these characters share the same
      fictional universe.

      I should probably point out that the only non-
      Arthurian Top Cow book I read regularly is
      Rising Stars (which seems to take place in its
      own universe), so I'm hardly an expert on the line.