253Re: [arthurian_comixlist] Is the Black Knight Prince Valiant?

  • Nastali@aol.com
    Mar 1, 2001
      Since that comic book series was in the works at the time the film came out,
      Stan Lee may very well have lifted "Scandia" from Prince Valiant, although
      it's just as probable that he liked the rather heroic and non-geographically
      specific sound of the word.  As far as I know, Scandia is just an archaic
      form of Scandinavia, and though I didn't remember that the film had Prince
      Valiant's original home there, it certainly suits his "Viking" origins.  In
      the comics, Valiant was from Thule, which is just another remote,
      non-specific place somewhere in Scandinavia.

      Dan
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic