Kim

  • Sandi Waymire
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi Kim. Congratulations on your sweetie. Sarah had 6
      or 7 months of casts - trying to bring her foot
      "down". The top of her foot was against the front of
      her leg. At 11 months she had the foor surgeries. A
      seperate surgery on each foot. She as 1-1/2 years old
      when she had her first hand surgery. The other hand
      surgeries were in the last 3 years. As she grows her
      tendons/muscles don't keep up with her bones and she
      has to have them "released". I can't think of
      anything more right now. Ask all the questions you
      want. It might stir a memory. Sarah is 13 now. It
      has been a while since we have dealt w/ foot
      surgeries/doctors. We only see him every year or two.
      I try not to give unsolicited advice but will here.
      Don't get tired of the "what's wrong" questions and
      snap "she has a birth defect". It makes well meaning
      people feel bad and you just might regret it for 13
      years! :) Be selfish. Take time for yourself and
      make sure dh takes time for himself. AND take time
      for your marriage. You need to be at your best to
      take the best care of your child. OH MY! I sound
      like an old woman! lol
      Sandi in Arkansas

      http://platinum.yahoo.com
    • Sandi Waymire
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2003
        Kim, what did you do with all your kids so you had
        time to send all those thoughts? lol
        I just have to tell everyone that I am so thankful for
        my Sarah (AMC kiddie). Since school let out she has
        kept my kitchen clean! Last week when she went to
        camp was HORRIBLE as I had to actually wash dishes!
        lol
        Hope everyone is having a nice summer. I've got to
        get wash done as I work at the pool today. Hey, it's
        a tough job but someone has to do it! Right?

        Sandi in AR

        http://sbc.yahoo.com