Re: Mothers

  • crcooper <vikingbro@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 4, 2003
      Lora,

      Yes, my father had AMC. He is unfortunately not with us anymore, but
      he KNEW that I understood his problems.

      Should you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask.
      While my father has been gone for 10 years this coming November, I
      still have very vivid memories that I am more than willing to share.
      It is because of this that I am a part of this group.

      Good luck and I hope to hear from you soon!

      Best regards,
      - Chris

      --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lora
      <dansgirl@s...>" <dansgirl@s...> wrote:
      > Are any of you children of the disabled?? Or siblings of them?? I
      > really need someone to talk to. I understand my mothers problems,
      but
      > she seems to think that I dont. I need some help. I am going
      crazy...
    • Lora
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2003
        Was he ever in pain and then took his saddness/anger out on you??

        --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, "crcooper
        <vikingbro@y...>" <vikingbro@y...> wrote:
        > Lora,
        >
        > Yes, my father had AMC. He is unfortunately not with us anymore,
        but
        > he KNEW that I understood his problems.
        >
        > Should you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to
        ask.
        > While my father has been gone for 10 years this coming November, I
        > still have very vivid memories that I am more than willing to
        share.
        > It is because of this that I am a part of this group.
        >
        > Good luck and I hope to hear from you soon!
        >
        > Best regards,
        > - Chris
        >
        > --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Lora
        > <dansgirl@s...>" <dansgirl@s...> wrote:
        > > Are any of you children of the disabled?? Or siblings of them?? I
        > > really need someone to talk to. I understand my mothers problems,
        > but
        > > she seems to think that I dont. I need some help. I am going
        > crazy...
      • crcooper
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
          Lora,

          Yes, I can say that this did happen on a few occaisions. It was by no
          means frequent however.

          Towards the end of his life, he was in more and more pain (due to
          complications resulting from a previous automobile accident, not
          AMC), and he was taking more and more medication.

          I am sorry to hear that your mother is taking things out on you. I
          know it can be tough. Hang in there, and please feel free to use me
          as someone that you can 'vent' to. I will not take offense.

          Good luck!

          <dansgirl@s...> wrote:
          > Was he ever in pain and then took his saddness/anger out on you??
          >
          > --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, "crcooper
          > <vikingbro@y...>" <vikingbro@y...> wrote:
          > > Lora,
          > >
          > > Yes, my father had AMC. He is unfortunately not with us anymore,
          > but
          > > he KNEW that I understood his problems.
          > >
          > > Should you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to
          > ask.
          > > While my father has been gone for 10 years this coming November,
          > > still have very vivid memories that I am more than willing to
          > share.
          > > It is because of this that I am a part of this group.
          > >
          > > Good luck and I hope to hear from you soon!
          > >
          > > Best regards,
          > > - Chris
        • Lora
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2003
            She just makes me so mad! But i guess it really isnt her fault, but
            still... My mom doesnt do it frequently, but it still hurts. I know
            you are supposed tolove you parents no matter what, but what if they
            act like they dont love you?