Re: [Arthrogryposis Support Group] New to the group with some questions

  • Maria
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 27, 2013
      Hi Christine,
      We are from Ottawa , Canada. our daughter Mia (3) was born with distal arthropryposis, her fingers and feet were tight. To correct her feet, she had cast for several months and surgery at the age of 6 months old on her left foot. The Left foot was a more difficult case, so she had a second surgery last November 2012. Dr. Willis from the Children Hospital ofOntario, is her orthopedist; at the last visit two weeks ago , He said the results of the surgery were good, and that she will be able to do all kind of activities. so far, Mia is able to walk, run, jump, etc. We still have to watch for her left foot.
      Hope your daughter find the help she needs in the US, or maybe you like to look what they are doing in Canada as well.

      Maria
      Sent from my iPad

      On 2013-06-26, at 8:36 PM, christine hunter <cvbeachnut@...> wrote:

      > Hi Jenessa,
      > We see Dr. Hyman at Columbia Presbyterian. He was recommended to us by Dr.
      > Morcuende in Iowa. My friend see Dr. Van Bosse in Philly, her son has very
      > difficult feet as well. We are considering flying to St. Louis to see Dr.
      > Dobbs I have been emailing him. He has done a lot of research on
      > neurological clubbed feet. Do you see someone specific in NYC???
      >
      > Lulu has had ATTT surgery that failed. We then discovered she had a
      > tethered cord so she was de-tethered by Dr. Feldstein at Columbia Pres.
      > About 16 months ago she had cuboid/calcaneal osteotomies. We were told
      > this was the best surgery for her to achieve an anatomically correct foot,
      > which it did not. At our last appointment our Dr. suggested Lulu may have
      > a "mild" form of Arthrogryposis. This is what led me to the group. Her
      > feet are very tight, she has virtually no toe movement and her toes curl
      > under. She does not bend her knees when she walks either.
      >
      > I am going to check out the link you sent me!
      >
      > Thanks so much for you help!
      > Christine
      >
      > On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Jenessa <jenessagunther@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >

      > > i am in nyc as well. what ortho are you seeing on nyc? there is an
      > > arthrogryposis clinic at NYU and they would be very adept in dealing with
      > > difficult club foot cases. here is the link for the clinic
      > >
      > > centerforchildren.med.nyu.edu/arthrogryposis-center
      > >
      > > there is also dr. van bosse at philadelphia's shriners hospital ~ he is
      > > supposed to be the best.
      > >
      > > what kind of surgeries has she had?
      > >
      > > jenessa
      > >
      > > --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, Theresa Lucas
      > > <amcreesa@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi!
      > > > May I joining amcsupport.org forums
      > >
      > > > http://www.amcsupport.org/supportforums.html
      > > >

      > > > ~Theresa Lucas
      > > > http://www.theresalucas.com
      > > > Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita Support, Inc.~ President
      > > > http://www.amcsupport.org
      > > > Art Association of Madison County, Inc Student Exhibition Coordinator
      > > > http://www.studentartexhibit.webs.com

      > > someone on

      > > will
      > > and
      > > has
      > > with
      > > heads
      > > has
      > > love

      > > > --

    • scampsey143
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5

        Hi Christine I know this is an older post but I'm justnow seeing it! My Son is only 3.5 but has been Dx with both arthrogyrprosis and B clubb feet since birth. So far only his lower extremities are affected from the Arthrogryprosis. We've been through more weeks of serial casting than I can count in addition to the surgeries and know that he will more than likely require at least 2 more on his R foot once he's alittle older. If you have any questions I'm happy to anwser! My email is scampsey143@... or facebook might work easier since I'm rarely on this group https://www.facebook.com/#!/scampsey Hope things are well with your daughter!