hip re-location surgery

  • Catherine
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 14, 2012
      My two year old and I went to see Dr. van Bosse at Shriner's last week. Both of her hips are out of joint. She is already walking with a walker. Dr. van Bosse wants to put her hips back in, which is a huge surgery. I have tried to do some research, but the surgery sounds very controversial. Has anyone had this surgery done? Does anyone have any info pro or con about it? Are there any other doctors you could recommend for a second opinion?

      Thank you!

      Catherine
      wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com
    • sarah c
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2012
        My son was also born with hip dysplasia and just had his surgery and spica casting on nov 10. Not sure if its the same surgery but his was a pelvic and femoral osteotomy. It is a major surgery and a lot to deal with after with the cast care etc. From what our Dr told us if we left itif/when he does start walking it will cause more damage to the joint and could cause pain issues later on in life. We have no regrets having the surgery done. My sons healing great and is already almost back to standing up at the table which is where he was before the surgery. Good luck.