Re: Mothers with arthrogryposis children

  • arthromom719
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 18 12:25 PM
      --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, zayra delgado <delsweet2003@...> wrote:

      > Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is  my pride and joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?
      >

      >How is your 10 yr old, is he walking? If so what Dr. did you take him too? My son is 20months old not walking yet he has a stander my name is Louise.

    • Dimitra Giannopoulou
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
        in 1999 i gave birth to my beautiful daughter melina after 9 months of the
        most easy pregancy. i was working 12-14 hours per day throughout my
        pregnancy. she was born with AMC, amyoplacia.
        5 years later i had my son. troubled ppregnancy and premature labor due to
        my stress. He was born healthy and there was not need to stay on special
        crib due to his development.
        another 4 year later i had my third child, a son. Even more troupled
        pregnancy. 8 months in bed, premature labor but no stress. He was born
        healthy and there was not need to stay on special vrib due to his
        development.
        My melina's doctor had told us from the very beginning that there was no
        reason to happen again. It was not hereditary type.
        Dimitra

        2009/3/7 Emily Diehl <e_kay_d@...>

        > Zayra,
        > I have a 13 yr. mold girl with arthrogryposis and a 8 yr. old boy with out.
        >

        > Emily in Texas
        >
        > --- On Fri, 3/6/09, zayra delgado <delsweet2003@...<delsweet2003%40yahoo.com>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > From: zayra delgado <delsweet2003@... <delsweet2003%40yahoo.com>>
        > Subject: [Arthrogryposis Support Group] Mothers with arthrogryposis
        > children
        > To: arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com<arthrogryposissupportgroup%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Date: Friday, March 6, 2009, 5:11 PM
        >
        > Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is my pride and
        > joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about
        > arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is
        > there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child
        > with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?

      • Kimberly
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2009
          Depending on what type of arthrogryposis it is depends on if you would have another child with it. Some condition are hereditary and some aren't. With my son and his father we had a four in one chance of having another shild with it. But with my fiancee it is a one in a million chance that we woould have a child with it. I have another son without it but still like most moms with a child that has arthrogryposis already you wonder the whole pregnancy about it!

        • sosinphilly@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Aug 21, 2009
            I have just had our second and she does not have arthrogryposis, but every case is different.
            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            > Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is �my pride and joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?
            >

            >How is your 10 yr old, is he walking? If so what Dr. did you take him too? My son is 20months old not walking yet he has a stander my name is Louise.

          • Malia Carson
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 21, 2009
              Hi my name is Malia. I have a 6 year old son and a 3 year old daughter both with Arthrogryposis.  They told us it is genetic and with every pregnancy we have a 25% chance of having another baby affected. I have 3 older sons from a previous marriage who arent affected. Both of my kids are walking, my son started at 18 months and my daughter at 2 1/2 , my son is the top student in his 1st grade class.  My daughter has scoliosis (unlike my son) and will be undergoing surgery soon.  They both had 2 hip surgeries and 2 club feet surgeries. My son will have surgery to correct his inverted thumbs. Currently we are trying to conceive again, but I am 38 and having difficulties.

              B. Malia Carson