Mothers with arthrogryposis children

  • zayra delgado
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 6, 2009
      Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is  my pride and joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?

    • Emily Diehl
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 6, 2009
        Zayra,
        I have a 13 yr. mold girl with arthrogryposis and a 8 yr. old boy with out.

        Emily in Texas

        Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is  my pride and joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?

      • Susie Baker
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 6, 2009
          Hi,

          I first had four children without AMC. Then I had my fifth baby and she had AMC. And after her I had a sixth baby without it. So she was the only one.

          Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy. :)

          Susie

          Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is my pride and joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?

        • Naomi Santiago
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 7, 2009
            My first child has arthrogryposis and I am currently 5 months along with our second. So far things look good for her. Plenty of movement, not like my first. We're going to have another ultrasound in a few weeks. We wont know for sure until she is born. So far, so good. Either waty, if she is affected too, at least we'll know what we're up against this time. We are all excited and looking forward to her arrival.

            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 7, 2009
              as far as i know unless it is the genetic form of amc it would be extremely rare to have more then one child born with amc.

              ever person i've meet with amc has had atleast a brother and a sister most with amc are 1st born and none of there siblings have it

              Ally
              28 y/o w/ amc

              > My first child has arthrogryposis and I am currently 5
              > months along with our second. So far things look good for
              > her. Plenty of movement, not like my first. We're going
              > to have another ultrasound in a few weeks. We wont know for
              > sure until she is born. So far, so good. Either waty, if she
              > is affected too, at least we'll know what we're up
              > against this time. We are all excited and looking forward to
              > her arrival.
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Tahlia
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 7, 2009
                I have 3 children my second son Tristin is the AMCer. My 3rd is a girl and born without AMC. We were worried also that she was going to have AMC too until she was born.

                --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, Naomi Santiago <sosinphilly@...> wrote:

                > My first child has arthrogryposis and I am currently 5 months along with our second. So far things look good for her. Plenty of movement, not like my first. We're going to have another ultrasound in a few weeks. We wont know for sure until she is born. So far, so good. Either waty, if she is affected too, at least we'll know what we're up against this time. We are all excited and looking forward to her arrival.
                >

                > ________________________________

              • Beverly R Hanset-Burch
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 7, 2009
                  My three sons are 22, 21 and 18. My daughter is almost 5 and she is the one with AMC.

                  as far as i know unless it is the genetic form of amc it would be extremely rare to have more then one child born with amc.

                  ever person i've meet with amc has had atleast a brother and a sister most with amc are 1st born and none of there siblings have it

                  Ally
                  28 y/o w/ amc

                  > My first child has arthrogryposis and I am currently 5
                  > months along with our second. So far things look good for
                  > her. Plenty of movement, not like my first. We're going
                  > to have another ultrasound in a few weeks. We wont know for
                  > sure until she is born. So far, so good. Either waty, if she
                  > is affected too, at least we'll know what we're up
                  > against this time. We are all excited and looking forward to
                  > her arrival.
                  >

                  > ________________________________

                • Kelli Santana
                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 7, 2009
                    I have two children from a previous marriage they are 14 and 9. They are both able bodied and healthy. My last child who is from my current marriage is 5 and he has amc. It was not genetic though, it was enviromental.

                    Kelli Santana Office Manager The Dream Society 2659 East Gulf to Lake Hwy., PMB# 108 Inverness, FL  34453 (352) 400-4967 www.thedreamsociety.org

                    --- On Sat, 3/7/09, Naomi Santiago <sosinphilly@ yahoo.com> wrote:

                    > From: Naomi Santiago <sosinphilly@ yahoo.com>

                    > Subject: Re: [Arthrogryposis Support Group] Mothers with arthrogryposis children

                    > To: arthrogryposissuppo rtgroup@yahoogro ups.com

                    > Date: Saturday, March 7, 2009, 11:56 AM

                    > My first child has arthrogryposis and I am currently 5

                    > months along with our second. So far things look good for

                    > her. Plenty of movement, not like my first. We're going

                    > to have another ultrasound in a few weeks. We wont know for

                    > sure until she is born. So far, so good. Either waty, if she

                    > is affected too, at least we'll know what we're up

                    > against this time. We are all excited and looking forward to

                    > her arrival.

                    > ____________ _________ _________ __

                  • arthromom719
                    Message 9 of 14 , Mar 18, 2009
                      --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, zayra delgado <delsweet2003@...> wrote:

                      > Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is  my pride and joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?
                      >

                      >How is your 10 yr old, is he walking? If so what Dr. did you take him too? My son is 20months old not walking yet he has a stander my name is Louise.

                    • honeyeyes209
                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 24, 2009
                        I have a little girl who just turned 4 with AMC however I have i 7year old and a 2 year old and they don't have AMC. So good luck I sure this bababy will not have it.

                        - In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, zayra delgado <delsweet2003@...> wrote:

                        > Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is  my pride and joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?

                      • Dimitra Giannopoulou
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 1, 2009
                          in 1999 i gave birth to my beautiful daughter melina after 9 months of the
                          most easy pregancy. i was working 12-14 hours per day throughout my
                          pregnancy. she was born with AMC, amyoplacia.
                          5 years later i had my son. troubled ppregnancy and premature labor due to
                          my stress. He was born healthy and there was not need to stay on special
                          crib due to his development.
                          another 4 year later i had my third child, a son. Even more troupled
                          pregnancy. 8 months in bed, premature labor but no stress. He was born
                          healthy and there was not need to stay on special vrib due to his
                          development.
                          My melina's doctor had told us from the very beginning that there was no
                          reason to happen again. It was not hereditary type.
                          Dimitra

                          2009/3/7 Emily Diehl <e_kay_d@...>

                          > Zayra,
                          > I have a 13 yr. mold girl with arthrogryposis and a 8 yr. old boy with out.
                          >

                          > Emily in Texas
                          >
                          > --- On Fri, 3/6/09, zayra delgado <delsweet2003@...<delsweet2003%40yahoo.com>>
                          > wrote:
                          >
                          > From: zayra delgado <delsweet2003@... <delsweet2003%40yahoo.com>>
                          > Subject: [Arthrogryposis Support Group] Mothers with arthrogryposis
                          > children
                          > To: arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com<arthrogryposissupportgroup%40yahoogroups.com>
                          > Date: Friday, March 6, 2009, 5:11 PM
                          >
                          > Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is my pride and
                          > joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about
                          > arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is
                          > there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child
                          > with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?

                        • Kimberly
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 5, 2009
                            Depending on what type of arthrogryposis it is depends on if you would have another child with it. Some condition are hereditary and some aren't. With my son and his father we had a four in one chance of having another shild with it. But with my fiancee it is a one in a million chance that we woould have a child with it. I have another son without it but still like most moms with a child that has arthrogryposis already you wonder the whole pregnancy about it!

                          • sosinphilly@yahoo.com
                            Message 13 of 14 , Aug 21, 2009
                              I have just had our second and she does not have arthrogryposis, but every case is different.
                              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                              > Hi I have a boy who is 10 yrs old with arthrogryposis who is �my pride and joy...I'm pregnant with my second child ,i was reading on line about arthrogryposis that 1 in 3000 children are born with it. i was wondering is there any moms out there that has had more children after having a child with arthrogryposis and did that child have arthrogryposis also?
                              >

                              >How is your 10 yr old, is he walking? If so what Dr. did you take him too? My son is 20months old not walking yet he has a stander my name is Louise.

                            • Malia Carson
                              Message 14 of 14 , Aug 21, 2009
                                Hi my name is Malia. I have a 6 year old son and a 3 year old daughter both with Arthrogryposis.  They told us it is genetic and with every pregnancy we have a 25% chance of having another baby affected. I have 3 older sons from a previous marriage who arent affected. Both of my kids are walking, my son started at 18 months and my daughter at 2 1/2 , my son is the top student in his 1st grade class.  My daughter has scoliosis (unlike my son) and will be undergoing surgery soon.  They both had 2 hip surgeries and 2 club feet surgeries. My son will have surgery to correct his inverted thumbs. Currently we are trying to conceive again, but I am 38 and having difficulties.

                                B. Malia Carson