New Resource: Kya's Krusade Financial Assistance Program for Adaptive Equipment

  • Ashandra McLymont
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2007
      Good morning,
      My name is Ashandra and I'm new to the group. My goddaughter, Kya was
      born with Arthrogryposis, affecting her hands and feet. Kya has undergone
      14 surgeries and an aggressive treatment regimen. She just took her first
      independent steps in May, using a push toy to maintain her balance and is
      now able to lift herself up to stand on her own! She has truly been a
      blessing and an inspiration.
      Her mother and I started a nonprofit organization, called Kya's Krusade
      (www.kyaskrusade.org) to provide support, education, resource information
      and assistance to other children and families affected by physical
      disabilities. We specialize in Arthrogryposis and other less-publicized
      physical disabilities. I invite you to explore our website and organization
      as an additional resource option. All services are free of charge and as an
      open organization, there are no membership fees. I'd like to share
      information with you about our Financial Assistance Program, as it may be
      useful to you and your family. The Kya's Krusade Financial Assistance
      Program provides grants for adaptive equipment and additional physical
      therapy sessions, not covered by insurance. The application
      and guidelines are available on our website on the Financial Assistance
      Program under Resources. The next application deadline is December 10th.
      Please let us know if we can be of assistance to you or your family!

      Warm Regards,

      Ashandra D. McLymont
      CFO, Co-founder Kya's Krusade
      www.kyaskrusade.org