AMCSupport.org Connection Convention 2006 - Hotel & Fundraising Info

  • Ani
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2006
      Hi All,

      Just a friendly reminder to clear your calendar's so that you can
      attend our First Annual AMC Connection Convention in Chicago
      Thursday Evening August 3 through Sunday Morning August 6, 2006. We
      are busily planning a great weekend for all filled with fun, food,
      demonstrations and speakers, but as the days quickly pass we realize
      there are some business matters that we need to bring to your
      attention.

      We wanted to make everyone aware that we have picked a hotel to
      headquarter our AMC Chicago Connection Convention!!!! We worked
      very hard in finding a hotel which fit all of our needs that is also
      VERY nice and affordable to help make everyone's stay in Chicago a
      real treat! As the hotel has given us a reduced group rate, they
      would like a count of the number and type of rooms we will be
      getting. Please email info@... with a choice as soon as
      possible as we will need to get back to the hotel ASAP. (this
      should also help us with a head count of attendees).

      To protect our beautiful children, we will not give out the name of
      the hotel at this point, nor will that information be posted on the
      website, after you have emailed us, we will send the information to
      you so that you can register at the hotel.

      For $75
      A studio Room (which is one open room) includes a queen bed and full
      size sofabed, one bathroom

      For $85
      A one Bedroom Suite: The queen bed is in its own room separate from
      the rest of the living area. Full size sofabed, one bathroom

      For $105
      2 Bedroom Suite: Two bedrooms, queen size bed in each, a full size
      bathroom adjacent to each bedroom, plus a full size sofabed

      Amenities:
      - full-size kitchen to include cookware and china (2bed/bath have an
      oven)
      - Daily, complimentary, full hot breakfast buffet (Eggs, breakfast
      meats, muffins, and bagels are some of the items you'll get to
      choose from!)
      - Evening Social Hour (Monday-Thursday) featuring a different
      selection of hors d'oeuvres each evening with complimentary
      beverages!
      - On-site Business Center including print, copy, fax and laptop
      access
      - Indoor pool, whirlpool and sauna, Exercise facility and sport
      court
      - Room service provided by "Take Out Taxi"
      - On-site convenience store
      - Complimentary parking
      - Complimentary High speed internet access (wired and wireless)
      throughout the hotel

      As we have now found a great place to stay we need to start thinking
      of ways to seriously fund this convention. As we all know, there is
      no woman or man who can or should do this on their own. As we do
      not yet have a not for profit status, we are going to ask that each
      individual family come up with ways of their own in order to raise
      money to support this convention. We understand that for many
      people getting to Chicago and paying for the hotel room alone is
      going to take a big bite out of the family budget so we do not want
      to charge a fee to attend this conference. We are hoping that
      within your community each of you can do something to raise whatever
      money you can to cover the costs of this convention aside from
      travel and hotel. If and when we get AMCSupport.org incorporated as
      a not for profit and can openly solicit businesses to donate to our
      cause & we will be able to put all "leftover" money into the general
      pot to use for research, and future events.

      Some of the ways we thought each family can raise money are as
      follows:

      - Garage Sale
      - Bake Sale
      - Car Wash
      - Pancake Breakfast
      - Raffle (i.e. quilt or collectible item at a local Craftshow)
      - Contact Family and Friends for donations to add to the pot (ask
      them to "Fill the Bucket" with change and small bills)
      - Work with your local church community in a "Split the Pot" with
      the churches portion donated to the AMC family

      These again are just a few ways we thought a family could raise
      money and we are sure you all will be able to come up with many more
      creative and fun ways to get your local community, family, friends,
      and churches involved. Any checks can be made out to the individual
      family and once all cash is received a money order can be sent into
      our AMC PO Box to be used for the convention. We will let you know
      when we need all monies by in a future update but please keep in
      mind we will need it before July in order to get everything ready
      for August. Please make notes of who is helping and donating as we
      would like to thank them for their contributions and also note that
      if we get our non-profit status before the Convention you can then
      offer receipts that they may be able to use as Charity write-off's
      on their taxes.

      If you cannot attend the event and would still like to make a
      donation towards the convention - you may mail your donation to the
      PO Box address below or click the PayPal Make A Donation Button on
      the main page of our website.

      Please email info@... with any questions. We look
      forward to seeing our AMC family in Chicago and for those members
      who cannot attend you will be missed, but not forgotten and we will
      try our hardest to make sure you can be involved as well! Start
      stacking those pennies as August is coming (only 7 months!!!!)
      Can't wait to see everyone! Take Care!

      Sincerely,
      The 2006 Chicago Coordinators
      AMCSupport.org Connection Convention