Re: I need some advice

  • lil_angel212121
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
      Hi Lynne!
      My name is Carrie and I am 19 years old. I am at the point where I
      would like to drive, but I would need many accomodations. I cannot use
      my legs very well and I have limited use of my arms (they are just not
      very strong). I think that is so cool that you can drive. Could you
      email me and tell me a little more about how your car was modified? My
      email is littleangel@....
      Thanks! I look forward to hearing from you!
      Carrie =)

      --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@y..., "Lynne" <tinlid56@h...> wrote:
      > Hi darkriva12K,
      > In answer to your question about driving. I'm am just a new member
      > who is a AMC person and I have been driving for about 26 years. I
      > drive with hand controls as my legs are use less, the car has a
      > spinner on the wheel for steering, and controls for the brake and
      > acclerater, push forward to brake, and down to acclerate it is an
      > automatic car as I wouldn't have enought hands to drive a manual. The
      > best place to find out about driving is through a disabled place in
      > your home town or ring up a driving school they should be able to
      > help.
      > If you would like I can get a photo of the car inside with the
      > controls.
      > Lynne
    • kassandra Ahuero
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 3, 2002
        Dear Carrie,
        How are you? My name is Kassie. I am 17 almost 18 (in December that is) I cannot drive either. It is kinda hard to watch everyone else get there licences isnt it? I know how you feel. I am supposed to be evaluated before I learn how to drive which is a bummer. Everyone in my high school seems to have a drivers licence. I am jelous of them because they can drive and i cant. I stay home a lot because well I guess I am not the popular type. I feel as if I had a car that I would be able to go places. I thought that I would write and say I am going through the same thing. When I was little I really did not notice my AMC, now it seems it gets in my way. I can walk but I dont walk for very long because it hurts. it is funnie how a medical condition brings everyone together , it just equalizez everything. on the outside at school and everything, I am a cheerful little teenager that everyone says is so brave, but really I feel like I am not . I wish that I could do so many things but I cant. for example, I wanted to be on the marching band, cheerleading, baskitball ,volly ball,ballet, ect. my list could go on and on. I am sorry I am telling you all this , I am sure you know how I feel though. Parents dont seem to understand , all they can do is say "I know how you feel. I dont know what I am going to do in life but I am hopful that God will lead me to do the right thing. I would like to know how you feel about these things carry, I also would like to know how you are affected. Well guess I will wait for your responce.
        Your Friend,
        Kassie Ahuero

      • kassandra Ahuero