Friend with daughter with AMC

  • babydoll3704
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 12:52 PM
      Hi, my name is Mary and my friend just had a baby girl a couple weeks
      ago, and she has AMC. She doesnt have internet access or any real clue
      of what this is. Im trying to help her get some information and maybe
      find a support group or a good hospital near our area to help out. If
      any of you can help us, please email me, or post, it would greatly
      appreciated. She lives in the Baltimore area of Maryland. Thanks!
    • Ani
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 1:08 PM
        Hi Mary!

        The Avenues website (http://sonnet1.sonnet.com/avenues/index.htm)
        recommends
        Mark Myerson, M.D. (foot/ankle surgery)
        Mercy Medical Center
        301 St. Paul Place
        Baltimore, MD 21298-6608
        Phone: 410-659-2800

        I would also check to see about getting your friend info about the
        Birth to Three program in your state - It is an intervention program
        that will help with finding doctors, therapists etc.

        http://www.bridges4kids.org/states/md.htm

        There are many articles on the internet about AMC
        Just Google Arthrogryposis and you can find alot of articles on AMC
        or visit this site :
        http://www.tagonline.org.uk/html/arthrogryposis.html
        There are alot of interesting articles you can print out for her on
        here.

        There are many great support groups out there also - many are on
        yahoo - including this one.

        Hope this information helps you.

        Ani Vinson
        http://www.forabby.com
        SAHM to Abby -3 yrs old (Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita) & Aiden
        18 mons old (global hypotonia - no dx yet)

        --- In arthrogryposissupportgroup@yahoogroups.com, "babydoll3704"
        <ringos1fan@h...> wrote:
        > Hi, my name is Mary and my friend just had a baby girl a couple
        weeks
        > ago, and she has AMC. She doesnt have internet access or any real
        clue
        > of what this is. Im trying to help her get some information and
        maybe
        > find a support group or a good hospital near our area to help out.
        If
        > any of you can help us, please email me, or post, it would greatly
        > appreciated. She lives in the Baltimore area of Maryland. Thanks!
      • Beth W.
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 11 8:19 PM
          Hi Mary! I have not heard from your friend. I hope
          she and baby are doing well. I was thinking of them
          today :)

          Beth

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs