about my son and our situation

  • gntrboys
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 29, 2005
      Hi, MY NAME IS TAHLIA AND I HAVE A THREE YEAR OLD WITH AMC.IN JUST A
      FEW DAYS HE IS HAVING HIS SECOND TENDON RELEASE SURGERY ON HIS FEET,
      NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM STRESSED AND WORRIED...BUT NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THE
      SURGERY ITSELF BUT THE EFFECTS IT IS GOING TO HAVE ON HIS DAY TO DAY.
      TRISTIN,MY SON,HAD HIS 1ST SURGERY WHEN HE WAS ONLY ABOUT 10 MONTHS OLD
      AND IT DIDNT CHANGE MUCH OF HIS DAY TO DAY BECAUSE HE WASN'T WALKING
      YET. NOW HE WALKS EVERY WHERE AND DOESN'T LIKE ANY HELP , HE LIKES TO
      DO THINGS FOR HIMSELF AND GETS VERY MAD IF WE TRY TO HELP HIM. IT IS
      HARD TO TALK TO ANYONE HERE BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW ANYONE IN A LIKE
      SITUATION SO IF ANY ONE IS WILLING TO TALK THAT WOULD BE GREAT, WE HAVE
      ALREADY BEEN THRUOGH ALOT BUT I'M SURE MORE IS TO COME! WE FOUND OUT
      TRISTIN HAD AMC ABOUT 4 MONTHS INTO THE PREGNACY SO WE WERE INFORMED BY
      THE TIME HE WAS BORN.TRISTIN HAS BILATERAL CLUBFEET,HE HAS CONTRACTURES
      IN BOTH HANDS,FINGERS, WRISTS, ELBOWS, SHOULDERS, IN HIS NECK, IN HIS
      CHEEKS,AND BOTH KNEES. HE HAS MADE HUGE IMPROVEMNTS IN SOME AREAS AND
      LITTLE IN OTHERS. WE GO TO THE SHRINERS HOSPITAL FOR SURGURY AND AFO,S
      BUT GET ALL OTHER TREATMENTS IN OUR HOMETOWN. DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY
      COMMENTS, ADVISE, OR EVEN QUESTIONS THAT MAY HELP?