stuff

  • Sandi Waymire
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Hi all. I started working full time so have very
      little time to "chat". I did want to get in my 2
      cents worth here though. On casting. We did casts on
      Sarah's feet. I think I understand that you guys are
      talking about back things in your posts, however, I
      think that if you can do things that delay surgery
      then it is a good thing. The older these kids are
      before they must do surgery the better it is. Our
      Sarah needs another surgery on her hand but the dr
      said to wait until she is almost finished growing.
      The only way he will do it before is if her muscles
      just won't stretch enough as her bones grow. As for
      anesthesia...Sarah never had trouble being put under
      by a mask. IT IS BARBARIC that they hurt these little
      ones looking for a vein. I would at least insist on
      some versed for the baby (and valium for mom! lol).
      You all do good not leaving the decisions up to the
      dr. Some are just so closed minded!! Some are just
      so GREAT!!
      Keep up the great parenting/advocating. You are all
      great!!!!!!!!!
      Sandi in Arkansas

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush