Animation

  • Sheba
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2006
      I have my animation page updated with some student pictures and
      embedded video.

      http://thevirtualclassroom.org/art/Lessons/Animation/animation.html

      I will be adding more as we finish this week with our last ones.... I
      will also add my rubric and resources next weekend.

      Sheba~Cynthia Artist/ Educator "multi-faceted creative visionary"
      The ART Site
      http://www.sheba-kitty-productions.com/
      The School Site
      http://thevirtualclassroom.org/
    • Naomi Hillman
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2007
        I'm interested in introducing stop motion animation at my school - does
        anyone have any advice a way to do this? What equipment/software would I
        need to get started? We only have windows movie maker at the moment - could
        I do something with this and still photos?
        Naomi

        https://livemessenger.mobile.uk.msn.com/
      • tricia_fuglestad
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
          Naomi,

          I'm a mac person, so this may not help you. But, I did stop-motion with a whole class last
          year (5th grade). I had them make the bunnies from Wallace and Gromit, Curse of the
          Were-Rabbit movie. The special segments on the dvd included a "how to" for making the
          bunnies and some cool behind the scenes on stop motion animation.

          Then, we did some very simple stop motion with a still camera on a tripod.
          Then, I imported them into iPhoto. In imovie I can bring in media from iPhoto and set the
          length of time each pict will be (just a fraction of a second per image). They loaded up in
          order and all I had to do is set it to music and add some titles.

          See my favorite: BAD BUNNIES
          http://www.ahsd25.k12.il.us/~TriciaFuglestad/VisualArt/page14/page15/page20/
          page20.html

          If you are not a Mac user, I heard about software called FRAMES by Tech4Learning.
          It works on both platforms actually. It is made for stop-motion animation and is very user
          friendly ($45.00). You can download a demo version online at
          http://www.tech4learning.com/frames/index.html (click evaluation version)

          Have Fun!
          Tricia
        • Ken Rohrer
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
            Naomi,

            Stop motion animation is one of my interests. I met
            Ray Harryhausen, the inventor of stop motion
            animation, a few years ago. You can find his website
            at:

            http://www.rayharryhausen.com/

            You can find some resources on IAD at:

            http://tinyurl.com/3aq7dp

            There is a great page that might give you ideas by the
            Clayman. You can find it at:

            http://tinyurl.com/35uoj3

            There is a forum on stop motion at:

            http://tinyurl.com/3bo7fo

            One idea for a stop motion lesson is to use a flip
            book. You can find a lesson on flip books at:

            http://tinyurl.com/3x8jk2

            You can find many great stop motion lessons on Larry's
            Toon Institute website at:

            http://tinyurl.com/3ddkel

            Hope this helps!

            Ken Rohrer