keeping creative!

  • Sheba
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2006
      I just wanted to share a few of my favorite ways I keep creative
      through out the year and during the summer...

      I am a member of EBSQ an online artist organization. They have
      monthly shows with different themes. I force myself to particapate in
      as many of them as possible, as it makes me thing outside of my
      creative box.
      http://www.ebsqart.com/

      A new group called "Try it Tuesdays" is a technique sharing group
      with fun demos and contests. A new technique is shared each week
      (usually something easy and quick) you are required to try it out,
      post your results and share in the discussion to enter the contest.
      But you can still get good ideas for your classroom even if you don't
      do the contests!
      http://tryittuesdays.wordpress.com/previous-techniques/

      Lisa Vollrath shares TONS Of incredible demos with step by step
      pictures for a variety of art mediums. I have already used ideas from
      her site in my classroom.
      http://www.lisavollrath.com/pages/category/how-to/

      This digital photography group requires that you particiate weekly in
      order to maintain membership. Pictures are offered each week by the
      moderators for you to create digital weaves and collages...
      http://www.pbase.com/creativematrix

      Getting to know you and yourself... with self-portraits the
      http://selfportraitchallenge.net/

      Photowalk scavenger hunts? they used to run regular bi-monthly
      contests... but it seems they are stuggling for a moderator right
      now, but keep an eye out! or us an old list. and all the pics here
      are copyright free for your digital art.
      http://www.morguefile.com/archive/scav_hunt.php

      and something brand-new to me! Swaps Made Simple
      The easiest way to create and join swaps on the internet... make a
      swap or join one!
      http://www.swap-bot.com/

      now don't think that I do all of these all of the time and I am some
      sort of art cranking robot! I pick and choose based on my mood and
      time. But I encourage you to check some of these out and come play!

      Sheba~Cynthia Artist/ Educator "multi-faceted creative visionary"
      The ART Site
      http://www.sheba-kitty-productions.com/
      The School Site
      http://thevirtualclassroom.org/