Art Cart

  • a_garbers
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 3, 2006
      I am so glad you asked about this! I am not on a cart right now, but I am a new art teacher
      and the former art teacher (she retired) was put on a cart for one year. They decided to
      use the art and music classrooms and get rid of the portables because our enrollment was
      headed down. After one year, she was given her room back. I am concerned that it could
      happen again-enrollment could go back up and I would be asked to give up my room. I
      often wonder how you handle storage of supplies and work in progress, if you have an
      office, all the stuff you asked in your post! I am curious to find out what tips other
      teachers have!

      The cart she used was a fairly basic rubbermaid cart. It has one small drawer under the
      top shelf, one middle shelf, and then a storage cabinet area on the bottom. I've seen the
      same cart sold in places like Home Depot before. Not sure if this is ideal for art on a cart,
      but it is very handy in the classroom.

      Thanks for asking this question!

      Amy

      Date: Fri Jun 2, 2006 6:06 pm (PDT)
      From: "joylbat" joylbat@...
      Subject: New to the ART CART! Help?!?

      After six years of teaching, it finally happened. Admin took my room!
      Now I have to
      "service" 1,300 kids on a cart! Anyone have suggestions on...

      the type of cart to purchase. any tips to deal with late teachers
      coming back to class,
      storage of wet paintings in the classroom, how have your lessons
      changed since "the cart",
      do you have a desk somewhere else, how long between classes (all of my
      classes are in
      portable outside, so rainy days will be fun)...

      Anything comments, thoughts or suggestions would be greatly
      appreciated!!