Marblex Clay Repair

  • Deborah Neswald Winters
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2006
      Does anyone have advice on gluing together broken parts of small sculptures made with Marblex clay.  I've tried Superglue which seemed to work some of the time, and hot glue which also worked to tack parts on, but did not really create a tight bond.

      I'm a little frustrated with the product;I did not realize it was so brittle.   Marblex seems almost as brittle as greenware.  While little parts like tails and ears snapping off is predictable, I have students who knocked their pieces over on the table while they were painting them and ended up with the bodies (which were made out of a solid piece)  breaking in half.  Any suggestions?

      Thanks,

      Deborah