Re: [art_education] late blooming artist research

  • ANDREW & JULIEPHEASANT
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 10, 2002
      11/2/02 1:19 AM

      > hi- this is tracy-- I am a grad student at teacehrcollege, columbia
      > university....I am once again doing some research-- last semester
      > I had asked some questions about gender....now
      >
      > I was wondering if anyone out there is a late blooming artist, for example
      > someone who was not labeled an artist throughout their childhood, but maybe
      > got into it late hs or early college, without any prior practice or
      > experience....
      >
      > if you fit this bill, or know anyone like this, let me know if you would be
      > interested in an email interview--
      >
      > thanks-
      > tracy

      Hello
      I am a professional art educator who last year was approached to tutor my
      framers' sixteen year old son. He had never picked up a piece of charcoal or
      paint in his life, no lessons at school bar the obligatory stuff. Suddenly
      that Christmas he was working with pastels like he had used them all his
      life. Within six months and a few lessons from me he decided thatr eas what
      he wants to do. He is now at art college also winning a youth art award.
    • Julie Casebourn
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11, 2002
        Hi,
        I sort of fall into this category. If you are
        interested in talking to me via e-mail, feel free to
        contact me. Julie
        p.s. I bloom late with everything I do.

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • SERGIOLORA@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002
          Hi Tracy: There is an artist that may interest you in terms of late bloom, etc. He started working in his 80's, and is today world renowned with works in major museum collections including MoMA. Look up BILL TRAYLOR.  I think you will find his work fascinating.
        • Tor Arne Andreassen
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002
            I was just wondering if you have some links, som pages on the Internett
            where there is something generelle about ART!Are you a MSN? Do you know
            anything about some pages on the Internett where students put theire work?
            Theire projects?

            Tor Arne

          • tpersis@aol.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002
              I think you already have these.....

              incredibleart.com
              kinderarts.com
              artsednet.com
            • Crysta Silver
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002

                Hi Tracy-
                I didn't become interested in art until college, now I teach art....
                I'll do an email interview for you.
                Crysta Silver

                hi- this is tracy-- I am a grad student at teacehrcollege, columbia
                university....I am once again doing some research-- last semester
                I had asked some questions about gender....now

                I was wondering if anyone out there is a late blooming artist, for example
                someone who was not labeled an artist throughout their childhood, but maybe
                got into it late hs or early college, without any prior practice or
                experience....

                if you fit this bill, or know anyone like this, let me know if you would be
                interested in an email interview--

                thanks-
                tracy

                Monitoring Service trial
                http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/PcIolB/TM

              • tpersis@aol.com
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002
                  thanks!! -- I will send out the email interview sometime in the next few
                  weeks.....
                  -tracy
                • Renah Bell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 15, 2002
                    Thank you so much. It's the artsednet that I'd not been able to find.
                    Renah Bell
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 16, 2002

                      Hi tracy,

                      I think your research is quite interesting. Hope you will successful soon.

                      obb

                      khanobporn  Wattanasukchai

                      Obb

                      Project web building

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 26, 2002

                        Dear Tracy,

                        for the latest artist as you ask. In my view I think its could be 40% of them could be a good artist. cuz at the first period of life (until 10 years old) is the important ages to absorb the artistic feeling and expression.

                        khanobporn