Re: [art_education] late blooming artist research

  • ANDREW & JULIEPHEASANT
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 10, 2002
      11/2/02 1:19 AM

      > hi- this is tracy-- I am a grad student at teacehrcollege, columbia
      > university....I am once again doing some research-- last semester
      > I had asked some questions about gender....now
      >
      > I was wondering if anyone out there is a late blooming artist, for example
      > someone who was not labeled an artist throughout their childhood, but maybe
      > got into it late hs or early college, without any prior practice or
      > experience....
      >
      > if you fit this bill, or know anyone like this, let me know if you would be
      > interested in an email interview--
      >
      > thanks-
      > tracy

      Hello
      I am a professional art educator who last year was approached to tutor my
      framers' sixteen year old son. He had never picked up a piece of charcoal or
      paint in his life, no lessons at school bar the obligatory stuff. Suddenly
      that Christmas he was working with pastels like he had used them all his
      life. Within six months and a few lessons from me he decided thatr eas what
      he wants to do. He is now at art college also winning a youth art award.
    • Julie Casebourn
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 11, 2002
        Hi,
        I sort of fall into this category. If you are
        interested in talking to me via e-mail, feel free to
        contact me. Julie
        p.s. I bloom late with everything I do.

        http://greetings.yahoo.com
      • SERGIOLORA@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002
          Hi Tracy: There is an artist that may interest you in terms of late bloom, etc. He started working in his 80's, and is today world renowned with works in major museum collections including MoMA. Look up BILL TRAYLOR.  I think you will find his work fascinating.
        • tpersis@aol.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002
            I think you already have these.....

            incredibleart.com
            kinderarts.com
            artsednet.com
          • Crysta Silver
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002

              Hi Tracy-
              I didn't become interested in art until college, now I teach art....
              I'll do an email interview for you.
              Crysta Silver

              hi- this is tracy-- I am a grad student at teacehrcollege, columbia
              university....I am once again doing some research-- last semester
              I had asked some questions about gender....now

              I was wondering if anyone out there is a late blooming artist, for example
              someone who was not labeled an artist throughout their childhood, but maybe
              got into it late hs or early college, without any prior practice or
              experience....

              if you fit this bill, or know anyone like this, let me know if you would be
              interested in an email interview--

              thanks-
              tracy

              Monitoring Service trial
              http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/PcIolB/TM

            • tpersis@aol.com
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002
                thanks!! -- I will send out the email interview sometime in the next few
                weeks.....
                -tracy
              • Tor Arne Andreassen
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 12, 2002
                  I was just wondering if you have some links, som pages on the Internett
                  where there is something generelle about ART!Are you a MSN? Do you know
                  anything about some pages on the Internett where students put theire work?
                  Theire projects?

                  Tor Arne

                • Renah Bell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 15, 2002
                    Thank you so much. It's the artsednet that I'd not been able to find.
                    Renah Bell
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 16, 2002

                      Hi tracy,

                      I think your research is quite interesting. Hope you will successful soon.

                      obb

                      khanobporn  Wattanasukchai

                      Obb

                      Project web building

                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 26, 2002

                        Dear Tracy,

                        for the latest artist as you ask. In my view I think its could be 40% of them could be a good artist. cuz at the first period of life (until 10 years old) is the important ages to absorb the artistic feeling and expression.

                        khanobporn