Great Technology Handouts from Donna! - on IAD Files

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 15, 2003
      Donna Pauler has sent some excellent handouts. I have found in teaching
      graphics programs to kids (and all computer software) the more step-by -step
      I did for the kids, the better.
      Adding pictures to the handouts helped tremendously! I would copy - print
      screen and paste so the kids could see what it should look like... I spent
      HOURS on those handouts - Unfortunately I can not share them with you as
      they were on my computer at school -- and all deleted (long story). While
      you may not be able to edit Donna's files - you can read them - print them
      off - and use them as models to write your own. These will all be linked to
      the site soon. I need to take a few days off this week as we are having
      company - and going out of town.

      Here are some pdfs of some handouts Donna used in workshops for art
      teachers to get them into computers. She calls these idea lists:
      Generic list, One for using Multimedia or slide show ideas, one for
      digital camera and one for creating newsletters.

      Using Digital Camera in the Art Class
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/DigitalDonna.pdf

      Art Exercises Using Computer Software
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/ArtDonna.pdf

      Newletters
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/NewsDonna.pdf

      MultiMedia
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/MediaDonna.pdf

      Donna created these two workshop handouts-one emphasizing Draw and one
      emphasizing Paint. These were done to use Claris/Appleworks a the tool.
      But the activities in part could be adapted I believe to other
      software. Does anyone use Microsoft Works anymore? By the way there is
      Claris/Appleworks for Windows. A wonderful program for less than $50.

      Getting Started with Draw Graphics:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/DrawDonna.pdf

      Getting Started with Paint Graphics:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/PaintDonna.pdf

      (Thanks for these files Donna!!! I think now Works is being included in
      software packages with new computers - as we found out, it is a different pr
      ogram than ours)

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk