RE: diffusing paper

  • Paige Conn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2006
      Well, I guess it has to happen every now and then. I had a "Dud" lesson using the Roylco Color Diffusing Sheets. I had been stockpiling the paper anticipating that it was going to be really cool to work with. I finally decided break it out for my 2nd graders final project. We are taking a close look at insects. I had the kids draw an insect (after sketching many) with black permanent marker on the diffusing paper. Then I had them add designs, color and back ground using water soluble markers. I followed all the "hints" in the Royce directions. We misted....and what a let down!

      So...does anyone have any better ideas for the rest of my AMAZING ROYCE COLOR DIFFUSING SHEETS?

      Paige
      Fredericksburg, Texas

        I am a first year teacher and was wondering if it is typical or atypical to have a messy art room?  I look enviously at other (non-art) teachers' clean rooms.
        If you are an art teacher with a clean room, do you have any hints on how to do this?
        I leave enough time for students to clean, I demonstrate how I want things done--but only once at the begining.  Do I need to demonstrate more?  Should I incorporate cleaning up into their grades?

        Any suggestions would be very helpful.

        Thanks,
        Anna in South Dakota

        Art education Fine art Continuing education
        Fine art poster Fine art reproductions Fine arts education

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS