NAEA Publications for Students and First Year Teachers

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 6, 2006
      Dear Art Educators,

      I know these publications have been posted before, but we have many
      new members now. National Art Education Association offers these two
      publications to help with job interviews - and all of those topics
      that come up your first year of teaching. If you are looking for a
      job, I would invest the $2.00 (or $3.50 if you are not a members of
      NAEA). "Appleseeds" covers all of those first teacher year topics.

      ATTENTION STUDENTS & 1st YEAR TEACHERS

      NO. 419
      "YOUR FIRST JOB INTERVIEW"
      By Richard Doornek, with contributions by Kellene Champlin. If you are
      seeking an art teaching job in an elementary or secondary school,
      these seven pages are very valuable. Advice on your job application,
      resume, and letters of recommendation — and most important, advice on
      your job interview — the kinds of questions you will likely be asked,
      and what the interviewer hopes for in responses. Also, important tips
      on appearance, voice, manner, and attitude.

      ISBN 0-937652-55-5
      $3.50; Member Price $2.00

      NO. 405
      "APPLESEEDS"
      Virginia M. Brouch, Fanchon F. Funk, Editors. A 44-page brochure for
      students and first-year teachers. Contains practical hints and
      insights on discipline, motivation, exhibits, attitudes, promoting
      art, and more. Advice on questions and problems that arise during the
      first challenging year. A must for students and first-year
      professionals.

      ISBN 0-937652-35-0
      $7.00; Member Price $4.00

      For ordering information - go to: