quick clay ideas

  • kamla ravikumar
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2006
      Hi,
      You could think of theme based calsses.
      For instance my "Communications" class in Clay was a success because the kids made Mobile phones, Telephones and had fun using their clay phones to talk to each other.
      I will try uploading images of the mobile phones made by the children.
      Kamla

      Message: 11
         Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 16:37:48 -0400
         From: "Insight2" <allison.keenan@...>
      Subject: Quick clay ideas.

      I currently teach in a K-6 school and have 30 min. a week with each
      class.
      This had been a challenge with regards to completing clay projects. I
      have
      done beads with 1st, pinch pot mugs with 2nd and drape mold bowls with
      third. My sixth graders have seen this and are now begging to do clay.
      I'm
      having trouble thinking of something sophisticated (and we all know how
      finicky sixth graders can be) enough for sixth graders that can be
      complete
      in 30min. Any ideas? It would be much appreciated.

      Allison