NAEA Publication "Instant Art Instant Culture..." PLUS Job Openings

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2006
      Dear Art Educators,

      NAEA has republished this popular book by Laura Chapman.

      NEW FROM NAEA

      Order No. 247

      INSTANT ART, INSTANT CULTURE: THE UNSPOKEN POLICY FOR AMERICAN SCHOOLS

      By Laura H. Chapman.

      Chapman critically examines the reasons for the token educational programs
      many schools offer in all the arts, including music, dance, and theater, but
      with particular emphasis on the visual arts. She writes with conviction on the
      importance of effecting change in attitudes and school practices that actually
      prevent many children from studying arts on a regular basis. Chapman devotes
      much of the book to providing suggestions for improving school instruction in
      the arts.

      Among the topics covered are: What should be taught in an arts program and
      who should teach it; why a school curriculum should include the arts, sciences,
      and humanities as core subjects for all students; how to improve teacher
      education programs; what models for change have been suggested by
      various panels and federal groups, and how effective they would be.

      Order No. 247
      Instant Art, Instant Culture:
      The Unspoken Policy for American Schools

      224 pgs. (Reprinted 2005) ISBN 0-8077-2722-9
      $25.00; Member Price $20.00

      WEB ORDER FORMS:
      http://www.naea-reston.org/publications

      I know I posted this before - just never added it to a page in IAD. It
      is now listed on the Jobs page:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/jobs.htm

      Art Teacher Openings - Selected States:

      Many popular NAEA publications are listed on the Art Teacher Openings
      -Selected States page:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/news/jobs.htm
      Dr. Hatfield sends me updates for this page a few times a month. I
      don't always post the updates to the list.

      Incredible Art Resources