Re: New Art Position - for K- 8 part time

  • jdecker4art
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      Dear Art Educators,

      Gina's position will be a K-8 school.

      I recommended she repeat some of her successful lessons from this
      year and build onto those.

      Gina, as a first year teacher, you may want to do the same (or very
      similar) project for K-1, similar for 2-3, similar for 4-5-6 (more
      advanced for 6th) and similar for 7-8 (or add 6th to this
      lesson).... something like that. You can vary the lesson somewhat to
      make it more advanced for the higher grades.

      You can select some key artists - and use them across the board if
      you want. That way you don't need to hunt down visual resources for
      all grades. Impressionism works for all levels.... Van Gogh....
      O'Keeffe.... just to name a few.

      Another idea is to get with the social studies teachers and work
      interdisciplinary with them. Including some of the core content
      standards may mean more money for you (if you also tie in math,
      science too). I was able to get more money for visual resources when
      they could be used to also teach the core subjects.

      Gina, browse the ideas and lessons on Incredible Art Department...
      ask questions about what grade level could handle them if you don't
      know.

      You could organize lessons around specific countries.... Art could
      be a Passport around the world....

      There are so many right ways to organize your lessons. You need to
      find a way you are comfortable with.

      Is there a curriculum guide in place? If not - get a copy of the
      state curriculum/standards.

      --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, GINAMARIE YACOVELLI wrote:

      > Hello Everyone,

      > Would you be kind enough to direct me in some sort of way for
      doing lesson plans for next year or suggest a good way to start.