Having a food drive? Do "Canstructions"

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 6:31 AM
      Dear Art Educators,

      Barb Reser sent me this link.
      http://www.canstruction.org/

      Canstruction:

      Architects and engineers compete to see whose team can build the most
      spectacular structure using little more than cans of food at
      Canstruction, the 13th annual NYC Design and Build competition in New
      York. The exhibit at New York Design Center is open to the public. At
      the end of the competition on 23 November 2005, the 130,000 cans that
      are part of the exhibit will be given to the Food Bank of New York
      City.

      Canstruction is a national charity and has similar competitions each
      year in over 66 cities throughout the United States and Canada. For
      more information, visit http://www.canstruction.org/

      Pictures are on web sight under 'Competition".

      Those of you having food drives might want to let the kiddies have
      some fun with the cans. Of course you won't get enough cans of any one
      color to do anything as elaborate as the pictures on the Canstruction
      site.... but they might be able to do some fun architectural designs -
      or non-objective. I know already which of my former six grade classes
      would win. I had a food drive with sixth grade when I did my "Empty
      Bowl" project (making two bowls and donating one to the Empty Bowl
      Luncheon).

      Incredible Art Resources