Re: 18 credit hours

  • Ken Rohrer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2003
      Susie,
      Hmmmm. This IS a problem. The only people who would
      care would be the college you wish to enroll. It might
      be helpful to contact the admissions offices of all
      the colleges you're considering and ask them how much
      emphasis they will apply to this decision when
      admitting students. That's what I'd do.
      Ken
      Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 21:51:46 EDT
      From: artgirl109@...
      Subject: 18 credit hours

      I just went to a meeting at my high school today
      regarding the reduction in credits students in Florida
      will need to graduate. We are currently on a block
      scheduale and with the 18 credits, students will be
      able to graduate after the first semester of their
      junior year. This was initiated because Florida
      voters passed a class size ammendment last fall. This
      is Jeb Bush's way of lowering class size.

      I know this was discussed earlier this summer, but I
      was wondering if any of you out are there in states
      where credit reduction has been initiated? At this
      point, students have to make a choice which diploma
      they will pursue, the 18 or the 24. Know one is sure
      how many students will take this option. Parents had
      many questions at the meeting. Most couldn't be
      answered because principals don't know yet how this is
      going to work.
      susie

      http://sbc.yahoo.com