OHIO AREA - Mandala Workshop in Findlay, OH

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8, 2003
      Dear Ohio Area Members (Indiana folks might want to read).

      Janealla Smalley posted this to ArtsEducators list. I know from folks who
      attended Philip Sugden's presentation in Bluffton College a few years ago
      that It is excellent.I will be putting an announcement about this on IAD Art
      News.

      Philip Sugden, nationally known artist, teacher, and author, will be
      presenting a Mandala Workshop in Findlay, OH, on Saturday, July 26 from
      10:00-3:00. Phil has made eleven journeys throughut the Himalayas and
      Tibet,
      including the "Forbidden Kingdom of Mustang" in 1998. In this workshop,
      Phil will use
      slides and videos to introduce the meaning and use of the mandala in world
      cultures and belief systems, including Buddhism and Christianity. Phil will
      work with each individual as they create imagery and interpret ideas and
      feelings
      in their own personal mandala.

      For more information about Phil, and about the workshop, check out the
      Findlay Art League web site www.findlayartleague.com
      For anyone near enough to make the drive, it promises to be a very
      informative and inspirational experience. The cost is $35.

      For those interested - here is some of Philip's work:
      http://www.asianart.com/exhibitions/psugden/
      http://www.asianart.com/exhibitions/psugden/19.html

      Just curious.... I wonder if he wrote this?
      http://www.worldwideshoppingmall.co.uk/books/jack-the-ripper.asp

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk