Re: [art_education] Pointillism

  • Jenjeff72@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2006
      My middle school classes did Pointillism. They got to choose between markers or paint. I had them pick a country other than the US to choose their subject matter from (I was trying to throw in a little multiculturalism here). They had to incorporate symbols, objects, foods, people and architecture into their pictures. We had one day of research in the library and online. I was amazed at how creative they were putting together their compositions. No two pictures looked anything alike. Hope that helps.
      JJ

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2006
        This may not be for your level - I'm k-6 - but I myself enjoyed doing
        examples in front of the kids.
        I purchased a gross of porcupine painting rings from the oriental
        trading catalog. After introducing Georges Seurat and his pointillism
        style we drew out a simple landscape and used the rings to apply the
        paint. I had just reviewed the color wheel with them so I decided to
        only give them the primary colors plus black and white. The rings
        allow the students to create a lot of dots at once. They mixed and
        blended the primary colors and the black and white for a wide variety
        of color in their paintings.
        The results are very loose and definately not detailed because of the
        size of the rings so a large paper works best. This might be a fun
        project to get them into the pointillism that is more detailed.
        Theresa
        --- In art_education@yahoogroups.com, kirsten gobi <yakirsten@...>