Art- Math Interactive Site - WAY COOL

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 7, 2003
      Dear Art Educators,

      This is for my survey group and the rest of the lists - my apologies to
      those who will get it twice.

      I just received word today from James Metcalfe about this really wonderful
      Interactive site:
      http://www.protozone.net/AJinteractives.html
      A collection of some web-sized interactives.
      DRAW, PLAY, EXPLORE and have FUN.
      These applications are excerpts from larger programs.
      Some are installed at Children's and Science museums and
      a full KALEIDODRAW CD is now available for your personal computer.

      I already gave you the links to the Children's Museum site (check my

      I haven't checked all of the interactive yet - but can certainly say the
      ones I did were well worth it! I can see the wallovers being used in a
      textile design lesson, too:
      http://www.protozone.net/ASHOCK/AJwall.html

      I have enough here for the whole feature on Great Sites for Kids - I will
      run it in September in hope of catching the most kids....Do share it with
      your students when you return in August, too. I am putting a link to it from
      my site today -- and from IAD. The links will be on:
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/for-kids.htm (by the
      way - I am going to remove the music from this page - it locks up my machine
      every time I try to open the page - if it does it on mine - it might on
      others, too).
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/mathsci.htm
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/links/artgames.html

      Just don't look for the links there until tomorrow.....it is definitely on
      my "to do" list.

      Jim tells me they have a contract to design a piece for kids for the
      National Gallery of Art - so watch for news on that. Jim said it would be
      posted in the future. I'll keep you updated.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk

      P.S. for Jim - This will be your notification that I have supplied a link
      and where to find it.