Re: [art_education] monster art

  • Susan Pack
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      I am not criticizing those artists that are talented and interested in "monster art"
      It is a generic assumption that young people "can handle it" . What an artist chooses to express himself/ herself is purely individual. There is validity in all forms of art. I am just suggesting that when thinking about the responsibility of education, when a student is armed with the knowledge of skills and technique which is certainly the responsibility of teachers, the students will always find their niche to express their creativity.
      It has nothing to do with projection. Students should be encouraged to express their creative endeavors in whatever venue that may be. If the students finds that the macabre genre interests them, the educator should encourage the student to continue developing their skills and interests. As you have said it is certainly a viable market.