Is there an interest in baskets?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2003
      Just thought I would throw out the question. I haven't done much in the way
      of baskets - or history of baskets on my site. Is there an interest in
      baskets from various Cultures?

      The idea just came to me while I was browsing this excellent Contemporary
      Basket Invitational:
      http://www.americanartco.com/shows.cfm?id=69
      If the link is slow go in through their home page:
      http://www.americanartco.com/index.cfm then Exhibits

      I found a basket made just like our telephone wire basket:
      http://www.americanartco.com/big_template.cfm?artid=1569
      I have added links to this site and exhibit on the lesson plan
      http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/wirebasket.htm

      I have also added links to American Art Company for Artists and Art Styles,
      Crafts, and Textiles pages (enter through IAD - then Resources then click my
      table to get to those pages).
      I will feature this site on IAD in September when I do Art Stores. Send me
      any other Great Gallery sites you come across. I don't do much surfing for
      galleries and stores. Also send me any unique Art Store sites you find that
      folks should know about.

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...
      http://www.incredibleart.tk