This is for Mrs. Picasso

  • gj5cents
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
      I love the photos of your students artwork. Do you have lessons for
      them? The Laurel Birch Cats, Cityscapes, Jim Dine Hearts, The
      Initials, etc. Please share or tell me where I can find them.
      Everyone should check them out.

      Jean
    • jdecker4art
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2006
        Dear Jean and All,

        Here are the details for three of Denise's lessons:

        CITYSCAPES- fifth graders learned about Frank Stella and had the
        choice of doing the usual shapes relief sculpture out of cardboard
        or these cityscapes. They began with a base shape, then added the
        buildings. In the foreground, they were to add a street, bridge, or
        water. To finish, they painted them to look like metal (silver or
        gold spraypaint) or stone (Make-It-Stone, FleckStone, with a base
        color first or it takes way to much to cover it). To hang them, we
        added a wire to the back.

        JASPER JOHNS INITIALS- We used the artist Jasper Johns as our
        inspiration for these tempera paintings. My second graders began by
        turning their square papers to a diamond and they painted on them at
        this angle. Their letter (initial) was to extend off of the paper.
        They then changed paint colors and brushes to outline the letter.
        They again changed paint and brushes to add the lines (discuss types
        of line). One final color was chosen to add the polka dots inside
        the letter using the "wrong" end of a bamboo brush (or any flat
        ended brush). We finished these in 40 minutes easily.

        LAUREL BURCH CATS- I appropriated this lesson from our state
        convention. I need to give credit to the originator, but I don't
        have her name at the moment. I think these collages are pretty self-
        explanatory, but I can answer questions, if needed. First graders
        did these. They are 18" X 24".

        Jean, you can find the how to for the Jim Dine Hearts in our list
        archives. She posted that a short time ago. Just enter Dine Hearts
        in the search and Denise's post should come up.

        Jean wrote:

        > I love the photos of your students artwork. Do you have lessons
        for them? > Jean
      • Robin Singer
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
          Hi Jean, I would love to see these pictures. Where did you see them? Robin

          I love the photos of your students artwork. Do you have lessons for
          them? The Laurel Birch Cats, Cityscapes, Jim Dine Hearts, The
          Initials, etc. Please share or tell me where I can find them.
          Everyone should check them out.

          Jean

          Yahoo! Groups Links
        • Tracey
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
            Yes, pictures would be great ! Please share

            Robin Singer <RSinger@...> wrote: Hi Jean, I would love to see these pictures. Where did you see them? Robin

            I love the photos of your students artwork. Do you have lessons for
            them? The Laurel Birch Cats, Cityscapes, Jim Dine Hearts, The
            Initials, etc. Please share or tell me where I can find them.
            Everyone should check them out.

            Jean

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            ---------------------------------

          • jdecker4art
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
              Greetings Tracey and All,

              Pardon my "vent" but I find it frustrating when folks don't read my
              posts when instructions are given (Remember, you are teachers -
              "follow directions the first time they are given" is one of your
              rules).... I have posted twice this week already how to find
              Denise's ("Mrs. Picasso")photos and have posted her
              instructions/brief descriptions again. My/Our time is valuable too.
              Again I ask, that those of you who are on "No Mail" include that
              when you post, so I know to send my reply to you off list. There are
              folks on this list that don't like seeing so many of my posts (grin).

              When photos or lesson ideas have been shared recently and you missed
              the posts.... the easiest thing for all of us is for you to go back
              and click through the messages on the web site. If you can't find it
              posted recently - then by all means, do ask again.

              Go to:
              Sign in with Yahoo ID

              My posts are not on the home page - you will have to click Messages -
              and then you will see one post on Monday and one on
              Tuesday...clicking back another day or so and you will see Denise's
              original post.

              Denise and all - PLEASE continue to share... and I will continue to
              save you time and answer questions from folks who may miss your
              posts.

              Maybe today will be the day I finally get the photos that were sent
              to me shared? I will try to get that done (smile). I have my excuses
              why I didn't get it done yet (smile).

            • ebay@billieellisonterry.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
                The problem might be that the server that is hosting the pictures is down.
                I've been trying on and off for a day to see these pictures, but it takes
                forever and finally I just see red x's. Sometimes I get page not found.

                I think Yahoo is migrating to their new photo platform.

                -K.