American Effect - Exhibit at Whitney - See Lawrence Interactive

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 5, 2003
      I just found out about this exhibit at the Whitney from the New York Times.

      The American Effect

      on view July 3 - October 12, 2003
      Emily Fisher Landau Galleries, Floor 4

      http://www.whitney.org/exhibition/americaneffect.shtml
      The American Effect explores a wide range of global perceptions of the
      United States. With forty-seven artists and filmmakers and three
      collaboratives selected from thirty countries in Africa, Asia, Australia,
      Europe, and South and North America, the show surveys works made since 1990
      in a wide variety of media, including drawing, photography, film,
      installation, painting, sculpture, video, and Internet art. Too bad they
      don't have more about this exhibit on their site (I hunted the Whitney site)

      I saved the New York Times article and images (three from the exhibit) and
      will forward to anyone who is interested (Jdecker@...)

      I just discovered this on the Whitney - Jacob Lawrence: Exploring Stories:
      http://www.whitney.org/jacoblawrence/index.html Exploring Stories, the
      Whitney Museum's online space designed to introduce visitors to the art and
      life of Jacob Lawrence. The site includes paintings, information, learning
      resources, and art activities for teachers, students, and families.

      a.. Take a close look at twelve of Jacob Lawrence's images.
      b.. Discover inventive ways to make your own visual narratives.
      c.. Find out how to make your own egg tempera paints and paintings.
      d.. Explore more-try out a Webquest!
      Check out the Student Art and Stories

      Judy Decker - Ohio
      Jdecker@...