Re: [art_education] slightly O/T; Performance art camp

  • Wayong@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2003
      Actually,I was trained as an art therapist, but have taught art, substance abuse classes, etc. I've also done recreational therapy & psychotherapy. I would like to get an LMHC & ATR & eventually get a combined doctorate in Expressive Therapy/Special Education, but all of that takes a lot of money and time.

      I prefer an art therapy position, but anything arts/special ed/mental health related that is a professional position, I would consider.

      I moved to Massachusetts/New England area almost 6 months ago. My main obstacles are that the economy is terrible everywhere, there are huge budget cutbacks and I don't know many people here yet. Most of my job hunting is through the paper & cold calling, because my lack of contacts/networking. I've posted my job hunting on various email lists (like artsednet) but have not gotten any responses.

      I didn't take this job looking for an ideal situation- it's just that it was close by & it was in the arts working with kids. Also, it sounded like a good opportunity for a few weeks. Also, I have been work mostly very short term, part time & underpaid jobs for the past year and a half because I am unable to find a professional position.

      I would like for the art camp to work out so I can get some money & would like to leave on good terms. It can be fun if it weren't for the previously mentioned complications. I'm at a point now that if I can't find a professional job soon, I'm going to apply to be a shelver at a library (and for this, I got a master's degree!).

      Wayong