Re: [art_education] need help naming new cat

  • Heather Martin
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
      cute!

      On 2/6/06, Susan Pack <PackSusan@...> wrote:

      > how about picattso?
      >

      > >From: SUSAN STEVENS <suestevens@...>
      > >To: art_education@yahoogroups.com
      > >Subject: [art_education] need help naming new cat
      > >Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 09:46:38 -0500 (EST)
      > >
      > >Hello,
      > >I have just adopted a cat from the local shelter, and
      > >would like to come up with a good name.....something
      > >arty...."She" is a torti-tabby....and I was thinking
      > >Chleo (as in Chleopatra) or Mona (as in Mona
      > >Lisa)....any other suggestions?
      > >Sue
      > >

      > >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Julie Casebourn
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
        Most calicos are sort of splotchy and blobby like thrown paint.. how about "Pollock".
        (one of my personal favorite artists)

        SUSAN STEVENS <suestevens@...> wrote:
        Hello,
        I have just adopted a cat from the local shelter, and
        would like to come up with a good name.....something
        arty...."She" is a torti-tabby....and I was thinking
        Chleo (as in Chleopatra) or Mona (as in Mona
        Lisa)....any other suggestions?
        Sue

        Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

        ---------------------------------

        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
          Maybe Kalo

        • carm@dtnspeed.net
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
            How about Georgia after Georgia O'Keeffe? Or Dali? Faith for Faith Ringgold? Elizabeth Carlett.

            Coincidently, we have a cat names Mona because she has beguiling expression. We decided her middle name is Lucy because although she looks elegant, she acts like a Lucy. She also has the name Monabob Bloompants because of her long fur. But most of the time she is Mo and gets along well with our other two cats.

            I couldn't resist getting into this. =^.^=

            Anne C-H in Illinois

          • bruthrobson@aol.com
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
              My daughter votes for Picasso.

              Cezanne or Miro would be cute too.

              Brenda

            • Diane Zinn-Stouffer
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
                How about Arbus (Diane Arbus).
                > I have just adopted a cat from the local shelter, and
                > would like to come up with a good name.....something
                > arty...."She" is a torti-tabby....and I was thinking
                > Chleo (as in Chleopatra) or Mona (as in Mona
                > Lisa)....any other suggestions?
                > Sue
                >

                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • kayjay_p
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 6, 2006
                  Rembrant or Raphael sound like cute cat names, but that is too boyish????

                  bruthrobson@... wrote:
                  My daughter votes for Picasso.

                  Cezanne or Miro would be cute too.

                  Brenda

                  Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

                  ---------------------------------

                • coppens jean-pierre

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 7, 2006
                      I think Frida would be cute. Frida Catlo, maybe, or Georgia...

                      Many years ago, I had a guppy- one fish by herself in a bowl. I called her
                      Georgia, named after Georgia O'Keeffe. I was a new teacher working two other
                      jobs and was never home. Georgia always seemed quite happy and lived for three
                      years with very little care from me.
                      (and no, she didn't get the usual "fish burial", she's buried in the woods,
                      beside the school playground, behind the art room.)
                      Lisa

                    • cen_aca_dp
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 7, 2006
                        I have a long-haired Himalayan that is named Plato, but everyone thinks it is
                        Play-doh since I am an art teacher. :)
                        Just throwing my idea into the ring. Have you decided yet?

                        Denise Pannell

                        "I tell you, the more I think, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people."~ Vincent vanGogh
                      • kelly taylor
                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 7, 2006
                          i like Miro!

                          bruthrobson@... wrote: My daughter votes for Picasso.

                          Cezanne or Miro would be cute too.

                          Brenda

                          Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

                          ---------------------------------

                        • Heather Richardson
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 8, 2006
                            Miro is a great kitty name! I have a cat named for the Venus de Milo...she's Mila. I also had two fish named Vincent and Theo and one day I came home to find that Vincent had jumped out of a tiny hole in the top of the tank. I guess he really mirrored his alter-ego....might be something to consider.

                            kelly taylor <ktaylor379@...> wrote: i like Miro!

                            bruthrobson@... wrote: My daughter votes for Picasso.

                            Cezanne or Miro would be cute too.

                            Brenda

                            Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

                            ---------------------------------

                            Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

                            ---------------------------------

                            Heather Paquette

                            http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/extra/terror/tribute/view.cgi?id=6503

                          • kayjay_p

                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 9, 2006
                                I agree with this one too. Camille and Jean-Pierre are very cool names and would make great cat names! Gee, you migh have to get 2 cats just to use these great name ideas from everyone!

                                coppens jean-pierre <coppensjeanpierre@...> wrote: and who not camille like Camille Claudel
                                yours
                                jean-pierre

                                SUSAN STEVENS <suestevens@...> a écrit :
                                Hello,
                                I have just adopted a cat from the local shelter, and
                                would like to come up with a good name.....something
                                arty...."She" is a torti-tabby....and I was thinking
                                Chleo (as in Chleopatra) or Mona (as in Mona
                                Lisa)....any other suggestions?
                                Sue

                                Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

                                ---------------------------------

                                Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

                                ---------------------------------

                              • MaryAnn Faubion Kohl
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 9, 2006
                                  Cat names of famous women artists:
                                  Frida (like Frida Kahlo) or Kahlo
                                  Margaret (Bourke-White)
                                  Dorthea (Lange)
                                  Berthe (Morisot) or Morisot
                                  Georgia (O-Keeffe) or O¹Keeffe
                                  Faith Ringgold
                                  Other famous women artists? Lots of Œem.

                                  Try the names outloud and see how they sound.

                                  I think your idea of Mona is cute.
                                  Cleo is a pretty popular name for cats, from Pinnochio. Still cute but used
                                  a lot.

                                  On 2/9/06 8:01 PM, kayjay_p kayjay_p@... wrote:

                                  > I agree with this one too. Camille and Jean-Pierre are very cool names and
                                  > would make great cat names! Gee, you migh have to get 2 cats just to use these
                                  > great name ideas from everyone!
                                  >
                                  > coppens jean-pierre <coppensjeanpierre@...> wrote: and who not camille
                                  > like Camille Claudel
                                  > yours
                                  > jean-pierre
                                  >
                                  > SUSAN STEVENS <suestevens@...> a écrit :
                                  > Hello,
                                  > I have just adopted a cat from the local shelter, and
                                  > would like to come up with a good name.....something
                                  > arty...."She" is a torti-tabby....and I was thinking
                                  > Chleo (as in Chleopatra) or Mona (as in Mona
                                  > Lisa)....any other suggestions?
                                  > Sue

                                  > Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art
                                  > education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

                                  > ---------------------------------

                                  > Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art
                                  > education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing

                                  > ---------------------------------

                                  > Fine art shipping
                                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fine+art+shipping&w1=Fine+art+shipping&w2
                                  > =Fine+art+giclee+printing&w3=Buy+fine+art&w4=Art+education&w5=Fine+art+inkjet+
                                  > paper&w6=Fine+art+printing&c=6&s=140&.sig=RXHkxhTGwao90vPy8nbMQA> Fine art
                                  > giclee printing
                                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fine+art+giclee+printing&w1=Fine+art+ship
                                  > ping&w2=Fine+art+giclee+printing&w3=Buy+fine+art&w4=Art+education&w5=Fine+art+
                                  > inkjet+paper&w6=Fine+art+printing&c=6&s=140&.sig=b_fxr5HmK4A68-eEE1ZuWw>
                                  > Buy fine art
                                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Buy+fine+art&w1=Fine+art+shipping&w2=Fine
                                  > +art+giclee+printing&w3=Buy+fine+art&w4=Art+education&w5=Fine+art+inkjet+paper
                                  > &w6=Fine+art+printing&c=6&s=140&.sig=yy9xF4ANDUtPhITyW6_UPQ>
                                  > Art education
                                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Art+education&w1=Fine+art+shipping&w2=Fin
                                  > e+art+giclee+printing&w3=Buy+fine+art&w4=Art+education&w5=Fine+art+inkjet+pape
                                  > r&w6=Fine+art+printing&c=6&s=140&.sig=p-6EMgRFFwDTOq6kjHiQXw> Fine art
                                  > inkjet paper
                                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fine+art+inkjet+paper&w1=Fine+art+shippin
                                  > g&w2=Fine+art+giclee+printing&w3=Buy+fine+art&w4=Art+education&w5=Fine+art+ink
                                  > jet+paper&w6=Fine+art+printing&c=6&s=140&.sig=a55PRsTRTmI-FgLAyKujVw> Fine
                                  > art printing
                                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Fine+art+printing&w1=Fine+art+shipping&w2
                                  > =Fine+art+giclee+printing&w3=Buy+fine+art&w4=Art+education&w5=Fine+art+inkjet+
                                  > paper&w6=Fine+art+printing&c=6&s=140&.sig=hlqW4zAhSGvZllqoC0pOKA>
                                  >

                                  > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
                                  >
                                  > * Visit your group "art_education
                                  > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/art_education> " on the web.
                                  > *
                                  > *
                                  > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

                                  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
                                  MaryAnn Kohl
                                  PO Box 31338 - Bellingham, WA 98228-3338
                                  124 Northshore Drive - Bellingham, WA 98226
                                  * home 360.733.0722
                                  * office 360.676.8645
                                  * fax 360.752.9109
                                  * cell 360 739 4010