RE: [art_education] Metal in Kiln?

  • Tracey
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2006
      Jan ,
      I have used a welding wire in the kiln . I purchased it at a welding supply store. I can't remember what gauge wire it was , But if you talk to the clerks about what you are doing and at what temperature you are firing at they should be able to help you.
      have fun!
      tracey

      "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@...> wrote:
      Thanks everyone - carving a notch or epoxying a hanger on the back after
      it's been fired seem to make the most sense. Guess I was dreaming.

      Jan

      Jan, there is only 1 kind of wire that is kiln safe...other metals can
      damage your kiln and they produce bad vapors. I don't know the name of
      the wire, but it's not cheap! What about carving a notch into the back
      so they can be hung easily on a nail?
      Meghan

      "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@...> wrote:
      Hi Everyone,

      I am wondering if anyone knows how I could create a metal hanger for
      decorative tiles which will be fired.

      Fine art shipping Fine art giclee printing Buy fine art Art education Fine art inkjet paper Fine art printing