Klimt - Tree of Life - lesson plan
- Greetings Ruth and all,
Linda is one of the lucky ones... She doesn't have to write up
detailed lesson plans at her school.
If she did have one written - I imagine it would follow something like this.
1. Present a brief biography of Austrian artist Gustav Klimt.
Here are some resources:
2. Show some selected images of Klimt's work via PowerPoint (Klimt is
not an artist I would let elementary kids surf for images - too many
3. Finish PowerPoint with images of Tree of Life - include studies
Klimt did. Include images of Tree of Life from other cultures -
Discuss similarities... discuss what the trees make them think
about... What was Klimt trying to communicate?
For additional images - look up India Tree of Life and Mexico Tree of
Life - you can also just look up Tree of Life
1.Students make sketches on newsprint of what their tree of
life/magical tree will look like. These will be their "studies"
2. Transfer best drawing to drawing paper (colored construction paper).
3. Color with oil pastels (and metallic pastels) - OR metallic
4. Write what is magical out their tree - include how they were
inspired by the Tree of Life by Klimt.
use gold scratch board.
Linda - if you see this - am I close enough?
Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
Thank you so much for the lesson plan. They should like this.
And the students are starting to making atc's when they finish a project.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- Wondering what lesson you were referring to???? Please let me know how to
find it and what is atc?
> Thank you so much for the lesson plan. They should like this.
> And the students are starting to making atc's when they finish a project.
> Thanks again-
> Ruth Ann
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> This message checked for SPAM and Viruses by MailFoundry.
> If this is SPAM, please forward it to spam@...