metal in kiln

  • kamla ravikumar
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2006
      Jan,
      After firing the tile I mount it onto a plywood sheet (you could also use hardboard) and give it a wooden border ( like a frame).The metal hook can be fixed on the wooden backing.It will look like a framed picture when you hang it.
      I hope this idea helps.
      Kamla

      Message: 8
      Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 15:43:57 -0500
      From: "Hillmer, Jan" <hillmjan@...>
      Subject: Metal in Kiln?

      Hi Everyone,

      I am wondering if anyone knows how I could create a metal hanger for
      decorative tiles which will be fired. I am thinking along the line of a
      paper clip stuck into the back before firing. What kind of metal will
      withstand the heat? Once a coworker used some sort of staples to do
      this, but she does not remember what type she used.

      Any ideas?
      Thanks,
      Jan